Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School Objective
- To be an inclusive school: all aspects of our work will ensure that all learners are given equality of opportunity and treated fairly.
- To promote and achieve high standards for all by providing teaching and learning of the highest quality.
- To treat learners as individuals and to differentiate teaching and learning to take account of their individual needs.
- To provide for learners’ physical, mental, social, spiritual, moral and cultural needs.
- To provide for learners’ care, health and safety.
- To ensure that all learners benefit from a rich, broad, balanced curriculum. It will be taught in an interesting, exciting and imaginative manner with lots of opportunities for first-hand experience.
- To teach basic skills and core subjects, giving great emphasis to the foundation subjects.
- To make connections between subjects and to apply basic skills across the curriculum.
- To enliven and enrich the curriculum by visits, visitors, and extensive use of the environment.
- To give responsibility to learners and develop their self-confidence by contributing to the community.
- To make Governors, parents and the wider community equal partners with the school and to involve them in the evaluation of its success.
- To promote a welcoming and lively environment where learners feel secure.
- To build a school where good behaviour is expected.
- To make this school a place of enjoyment – a place where success is celebrated.