Pupil Premium Funding
The Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) is funding provided for schools, which is additional to main school funding. The Grant is designed to help boost the progress and attainment of disadvantaged pupils and reduce the gap between the lowest and highest achievers here at Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School & Nursery.
We recognise that not all students who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged or underachieving. We also recognise that not all students who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We therefore reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any individual the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
The Pupil Premium Grant is paid for those who:
- Are eligible for Free School Meals (FSM), or have been in the last 6 years
- Are Children who are Looked After (CLA)
- Have parents in the armed forces.
Our aim is to:
- Identify the needs of Pupil Premium children in our school and any barriers to their possible progress
- Address these barriers through specific, realistic targets with appropriate time scales
- Target funding in order to accomplish these targets for the benefit of all children as well as Pupil Premium
- Ensure that high quality teaching provides appropriate support and challenge for disadvantaged pupils
- Implement the most efficient resources and respond to new challenges
- Provide appropriate training to teaching and support staff
- Continuously monitor progress against our set objectives
- Monitor the progress of each individual pupil and ensure speedy intervention where necessary
- Significantly diminish the gap in terms of progress and achievement between disadvantaged and non-disadvantaged pupils
- Live our key Mission of providing the very best opportunities for all our pupils centred around a curriculum which strives for ambition for all
Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.